The Law Office of Robert A. Falk
A Massachusetts Law Practice
Telephone 781-989-2373

homeattorney profilepracticelinks
Business Organization

Because your career is not a hobby...

Personal Management Agreements

Recording Agreements

Production Areements

Producers' Agreements

Publishing & Co-Publishing Agreements

Copyright & Trademark

Intra-Band Agreements

Business Organization

Merchandising Agreements

Rights of Publicity

Endorsement Agreements

Licensing Agreements

Confidentiality Agreements

Work-for-Hire Agreements

Performance Agreements, Technical & Hospitality Riders

Employment Agreements

Independent Contractor Agreements

Session Musician Agreements

Touring Sideman Contracts

Photographers' Agreements & Releases

Talent Releases

Music Business Consulting


Internet Marketing Consulting

Fan Clubs


The first time your band got paid, you probably didn't care that you had to give the bar owner your social security number. Maybe you didn't care that whole first winter. Then came January, and with it a whole bunch of IRS Form 1099's with your name on them.

How did you deal with the taxes? Or did you?

As soon as your band starts making some cash... As soon as your band starts sharing a van or truck... as soon as you decide to buy some gear together, or sell a CD, or make some T-shirts, it is time to formalize you Business Organization.

What happens if a roadie crashes your van? What happens if your lead singer tries to surf a crowd, but creams some girl in the the third row? How are you going to figure out the taxes?

You need an accountant, you need a corporation or limited liability company. You need to call now.

To discuss this or any other matter
please contact Rob Falk
, or
by telephone at (781) 989-2373